If you can still remember anything from secondary school Biology or Chemistry, then the word “osmosis” might ring a few bells.
Back then, it was just another definition to learn ahead of sitting an exam. Today, though, it’s the scientific principle at the heart of our ultimate water filtration technology, Reverse Osmosis.
Reverse osmosis (RO) is a water purification process that uses a partially-permeable membrane to separate ions, unwanted molecules and larger particles from drinking water. Essentially, it’s water purification at a microscopic level.
(The “reverse” part means the system applies pressure to move pure water away from water containing contaminants.)
Reverse osmosis has become popular in the last few decades in industrial or food and beverage applications where water quality is paramount. New Zealand’s Scott Base even uses it to remove salt from seawater to create fresh drinking water!
Now, any homeowner can give their drinking water the RO treatment right there on the kitchen counter, with HRV’s Reverse Osmosis unit.
The HRV Reverse Osmosis unit incorporates a number of significant advances on earlier technology, including:
• More compact design – will fit easily on most kitchen benchtops
• Less waste – 1:1 water in / water out ratio avoids excessive water use
• Direct Flow technology – no tank to fill, no waiting for water flow
• Quality tap included – high-grade stainless steel construction
• Digital display – showing cartridge life and system status
• Designed to be seen – modern high tech aesthetic to look great in any kitchen
Like any of the water purification options we offer, choosing an HRV Reverse Osmosis unit starts with an in-home consultation and an understanding of what you need from your water supply (including water testing if needed). RO is just one of the solutions we offer for homes, whether you’re on town, rainwater or bore supply – so get in touch today to find out what’s right for you.