HRV Privacy Statement
At HRV our mission is to help make every kiwi home healthier. In short, we want every kiwi to love the feeling of coming home!
To do this, we need to collect and use personal information about kiwis, including our existing and prospective customers. We want to make sure that kiwis can trust us to use and protect their information responsibly – this is The HRV Way. This privacy statement explains how HRV collects, uses, shares, and protects personal information, and how you can access or correct the personal information we hold about you.
You can read on for a detailed explanation of our privacy practices, but here’s a few important things to know:
- We only collect the personal information we really need to deliver services and run our business
- We use and share personal information only in the ways set out in this privacy statement or notified to you at the time we collect your information
- If we need to use or share personal information in a new way we did not plan for, we will only do so if the Privacy Act permits it
- We store personal information in secure platforms and systems, and take reasonable steps to protect it from harm
- You can ask us for a copy of your personal information at any time.
We may update this privacy statement from time to time, for example to reflect changes to the Privacy Act or our business practices. So, check in occasionally to see what might have changed. This statement was last updated in December 2021.
Who are we?
Cristal Air International Limited (CAIL), trading as HRV, is owned by Vector Limited. We provide a variety of residential products and services, including ventilation, heating, air conditioning, water filtration and EV charging services. We also operate a franchise model, with five franchises delivering regional services in some areas. This privacy statement applies only to HRV, not Vector Limited. You can find out more about Vector’s privacy practices here.
How do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information from people directly when they:
- contact us to make an enquiry about products or services
- purchase products or services from us
- interact with our website
- complete a customer survey
- enter a competition or promotion
- interact with us in any other way, such as by email or phone.
Sometimes, we collect personal information from third parties, including people who refer friends or family to us, but only if these third parties have authorisation to share information with us.
What kinds of personal information do we collect?
We collect only the personal information we need to deliver services and run our business, which may include:
- contact details, including address, email address and phone number
- billing and payment information, though we do not retain credit card numbers
- information about customer enquires or complaints, including call recordings, emails, and letters
- field notes about a property we have visited to deliver services
- photographs of the inside of a property
- information about orders and installations
- information about servicing requests and delivery
- whether a customer is a property owner or a tenant
- property floorplans
- information about the Covid-19 status of a customer or property occupant
- social media comments about HRV.
When you visit our website, we collect the following information:
- content of any messages or enquires submitted
- IP address
- Information generated via cookies or applets (see below).
A note about cookies
- increase your security by storing your session ID and monitoring single user access
- measure site traffic and usage patterns which is then used to improve our services, analyse user behaviour and measure the effectiveness of our marketing initiatives
- undertake remarketing by delivering advertisements that we believe are relevant to your interests
- better understand your interests and preferences so we can tailor the content of our site and provide you a more personalised online experience, improve our services and identify suitable products and services that might be of interest to you.
You can switch off cookies by adjusting your web browser settings and/or deleting them from your hard drive. If you turn off your cookies, please note that this may affect your experience of our website.
How do we use and disclose personal information?
We use personal information for the following purposes, all related to delivering services and running our business. If we need to use information in a way we have not anticipated here, we will only do so if required or permitted by law or with your authorisation. We use personal information to:
- provide the products or services requested, including assessing customer needs, planning, delivery, and installation
- service and maintain products purchased by customers
- manage customer queries and complaints
- communicate with customers about the products or services they have purchased
- communicate about promotional offers, new products or services we think might be of interest, or for other direct marketing activities
- improve and personalise our products and services
- complete internal administrative, planning, and product research and development activities
- keep our employees, franchisees, contractors, and customers safe and healthy
- administer and improve our websites
- meet legal requirements and manage our internal business risk, including debt recovery.
To meet these purposes, we may need to disclose personal information to:
- our related entities, including entities within CAIL
- Vector Limited, which provides corporate services to us
- our franchisees, contractors, and consultants
- product manufacturers, where required to facilitate product warranties
- our promotional or advertising partners, including Facebook for the purposes of creating custom audience marketing lists
- our trusted professional or other service providers.
We may occasionally need to disclose personal information to third parties located in other countries. If so, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that those third parties protect your personal information to the same standards as required by the Privacy Act.
How do we store and protect personal information?
We take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. We use trusted third-party providers to store and process our data, because we believe these are more secure and cost effective. As well as selecting service providers with strong security safeguards built in, we have implemented internal security policies, procedures, and controls to protect the personal information we hold.
We retain personal information only for as long as we have a lawful purpose to use it, and we take all reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify personal information that we no longer need.
In the unlikely event of a privacy breach that has caused, or is likely to cause, harm, we will notify the people affected and the Office of the Privacy Commissioner as soon as practicable.
How can you access and correct your information?
You have the right to request access to, or correction of, the information we hold about you at any time. You can do this using the contact details shown below. We will process your request in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act and, if we need to refuse your request, we will tell you why.
How can you raise a privacy concern with us?
If you have concerns about the way HRV has managed your information, or you believe we have breached the Privacy Act, let us know using the contact details below. We will investigate your concerns and do our best to resolve them.
If we cannot resolve your concerns, you can also make a complaint to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner following the process set out here.
How can you contact us?
To make a privacy request, ask about our privacy practices, raise a concern, or update your information, please:
- call us on 0800 478 123
- email us at email@example.com
- write to us at Cristal Air International Limited, PO Box 12722, Penrose, Auckland 1642.